Position Title: CLIMATE Change and Environmental Justice PostBac Fellows
Organization: University of California Irvine Climate Justice Initiative
Location: Irvine, CA
Position Overview: The CLIMATE Justice Initiative is recruiting six recent college graduates for paid one-year post-baccalaureate fellowships focused on climate change, environmental justice, and community-engaged research. This opportunity is open to recent BA or BS recipients (class of 22 or 23) in any discipline, though those from geoscience and related STEM disciplines are especially encouraged to apply! The program will run from September 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024.
- Learn new technical skills and gain hands-on research experience with UCI faculty who are working on cutting-edge climate research.
- Work closely with community partners on co-designed projects that address environmental justice issues (our partners include Orange County Environmental Justice,Sacred Places Institute for Indigenous Peoples, MPNA Green, and Crystal Cove Conservancy).
- Attend workshops and classes on environmental justice and community-engaged research methods.
- Be guided by a diverse network of mentors.
- Participate in professional development activities designed to help you achieve your career goals, whether that be entering the job market or pursuing graduate studies.
- Be part of a diverse and multi-disciplinary community of students, researchers, faculty, and staff dedicated to centering social and environmental justice in climate change research.
- Receive a Certificate in Climate Change and Environmental justice upon completion of the one-year program.
- Must have earned a BA or BS in any discipline (class of 22 or 23)
- Preference given to those from geoscience and related STEM disciplines
Start/End Dates: September 1, 2023 – August 31, 2024
Salary/Pay: $49,000 – $52,000
Application Deadline: May 31
How to Apply: Please use the online application to view the full job description as well as how to apply.