Organization: Idaho Wildlife Federation
Duties: Job responsibilities include the core functions of legislative and policy research, communications, outreach, and recordkeeping. This full-time position requires awareness of current political and scientific issues and IWF’s public policy objectives and strategies in order to serve as a resource for IWF members, key stakeholders, and the public at large.
- Commitment to hunting, angling, and outdoor lifestyle.
- Enthusiasm and professionalism to represent IWF and its members, a passion to conserve and enhance Idaho’s wildlife and natural resources, and to advocate for creative and proactive solutions to solve natural resource issues.
- Strong organizational, analytical, research, and administrative skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills, including persuasive writing and proofing. Ability to respond in a professional, knowledgeable, and friendly manner.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft programs, familiarity with or willingness to learn WordPress and advocacy software.
- Applicant must be reliable, pro-active, work independently, and set priorities and handle multiple tasks with strong attention to detail, able to work with diverse personalities.
- Capable of managing multiple digital and social media platforms.
- Prior experience with successful outreach programs required.
- Ability to travel from time to time across Idaho to plan and attend events.
- Flexibility to work longer hours during the legislative session and take on additional responsibilities and special projects as necessary.
Salary/pay: $36,000 – $42,000, plus competitive health benefits, retirement savings, and vacation leave.
How to apply: To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample, reference list, and cover letter to IWF’s Executive Director, Brian Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Link to more information: View the full position description.
Application deadline: May 13, 2018.