Job Title: Outdoor Living Skills Instructor
Organization: Sherwood Forest Camp
Duties: Outdoor living instructors are responsible for facilitating activities that increase campers’ knowledge of and appreciation for the outdoors. Activities include both survival skills (fire-building, shelter-building, knots) and naturalist skills (plant identification, nature hikes, gardening). OLS instructors also serve as a Group Leader with a cabin of campers in 3rd-9th grade.
- A desire to work with youth in a challenging, yet rewarding environment.
- Previous experience with survival and naturalist skills such as fire building, outdoor cooking, plant identification, gardening, shelter building, knot tying, etc.
- Basic understanding and knowledge of working with children.
- Interpersonal skills, especially with regards to accepting guidance and feedback.
- Ability to provide a safe environment and proper care for campers.
- Ability to work and navigate in a variety of environments and weather conditions.
Start and end dates: 05/17/2019 – 08/05/2019
Salary/pay: Salary is based on education, experience, and qualifications ranging from $1900 – $2100. It includes room and board.
Link to more information: https://www.sherwoodforeststl.org/
How to apply: Go online to https://sherwoodstaff.campbrainstff.com/ to complete an application.