Grand Junction, Colorado
Job Title: Conservation Fellow
Organization: Colorado West Land Trust
Type of opportunity: The Colorado West Conservation Fellowship is a two-year appointment for a recent graduate of an advanced degree program. The Fellowship is intended to advance the career of an emerging conservation leader while providing important work to a respected, leading land trust. The Fellowship will focus on conservation easement stewardship and conservation planning. The Fellow will work closely with Stewardship and Land Protection staff and directly with conservation easement landowners and external partners. The successful candidate is detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills, significant database experience, and the ability to coordinate multiple deadline-driven projects.
• Lead effort to develop a conservation easement database on the SalesForce platform using the
• Work with consultants and other staff to integrate easement information for both Black Canyon
Regional Land Trust and Mesa Land Trust including populating the database with new data and
• Within the new database, create forms and reports for internal and external use.
Field-based and other technologies
• Research field-based and other technologies that offer potential for improving efficiency and
effectiveness of stewardship, monitoring and reporting.
• Prepare recommendations for new technologies in conjunction with Stewardship staff.
• Implement new technologies.
• Assist in conservation easement monitoring and reporting.
• Respond to landowner inquiries, questions, and requests under the direction of Stewardship staff.
• Assist in development of regional-wide strategic conservation plan. Duties may include coordinating
meetings with stakeholders to gather input, GIS analysis, and writing and editing.
• Assist other CWLT staff on projects as directed, including new conservation projects.
• Master’s degree in a related field
• Database proficiency
• Experience in agriculture, range management or natural resources preferred
• Experience with Geographic Information Systems
• Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Publisher)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, sense of humor, and a commitment to the organization’s
Start and end dates: Full time, two-year appointment. Projected start date is January 2019.
Salary/pay: Competitive salary includes generous benefits package with health, dental and vision insurance; retirement plan; paid holidays, vacation and sick leave.
How to apply: Interested candidates may submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a single PDF file and use the subject line “Conservation Fellowship”. No phone calls please.
Link to more information: https://cowestlandtrust.org/careers/
Application deadline: November 30, 2018.