Philadelphia, PA or Dover, NH
Job Title: Zero Waste Campus Strategist
Organization: PLAN (Post Landfill Action Network)
Type of opportunity: PLAN is seeking a team member to support the development and execution of the organization’s Atlas project, a consulting-style framework to help campuses holistically measure their zero waste initiatives. This person will join the Atlas team, working closely with the other Atlas Strategist. This position will be a member of the Campus Coordination team, supporting a cohort of member campuses via satellite advising. This position requires some travel for PLAN’s annual conference, speaking events, and staff retreats.
- Plan, develop and facilitate the Atlas project alongside the other Atlas Strategist, through:
- Long-term project visioning and timelining
- Outreach to and logistical coordination of campus participants
- Attend campuses in-person for initial assessments and strategic planning sessions
- Compile research on zero waste best-practices and case studies, particularly return on investment data
- Report-writing, summarizing campus assessment findings and providing next-steps recommendations
- Coordinate with PLAN’s partners to assist in program recommendations and resource creation, when applicable
- Campus Coordination and Retention:
- Provide ongoing advising, guidance, and training for students from afar (and in-person as needed) on roughly 30 member campuses. In addition, negotiate the resigning process for these campuses each year and onboard new member campuses as needed.
- Assist in leading online trainings and workshops throughout the year
- Provide on-the-ground support for other in-person events throughout the year, including tour stops, speaking engagements, and PLAN’s annual Students for Zero Waste Conference
- Holistic problem-solving that utilizes a systems-thinking approach
- Facilitation of large groups made up of a variety of stakeholders
- Technical writing for the collation of both quantitative and qualitative data*
- Self-organization & ability to think ahead
- Experience in research and data analysis, particularly cost-benefit and return on investment data
*Candidates for this position will be asked to submit a writing sample.
- Basic understanding or willingness to learn WordPress site management.
- Experience in document layout and design, particularly with InDesign.
Start and end dates: July 8th (Full-time position)
Salary/pay: Salaried position starting at $30,000/annually. Available benefits include PTO throughout the year, a designated electronics stipend, a monthly health insurance stipend, and annual cell phone plan.
Link to more information: https://www.postlandfill.org/careers-internships/?mc_cid=e768d379a3&mc_eid=eb4b95bb51
How to apply: Interested candidates should fill out the linked form which will ask you to upload a resume, cover letter and peer reference.
Application deadline: Sunday, March 24th (at 11:59 pm)