Job Title: Program Assistant
Organization: Feeding Laramie Valley
Type of opportunity: Feeding Laramie Valley(FLV) is looking for a Program Assistant to help in all aspects of program organization, outreach, marketing, and promotion. The Program Assistant will be expected to work independently at times in a leadership capacity with volunteers. The position involves assisting with organizational operations including making phone calls, emails, and recruiting volunteers as needed.
- Support FLV’s summer programs and events, Kids Out to Lunch, and the Higher Ground Fair.
- Write blog posts and create social media posts spotlighting staff, volunteers and program participants
- Assist program directors as needed and attend weekly FLV staff meetings.
- Work with Community Engagement Coordinator to plan and organize summer events such as Laramie’s Freedom Has a Birthday and Food and Fun in the Park.
- Freedom Has a Birthday is Laramie’s annual July 4thcelebration. You will help to plan activities for FLV’s table and schedule shifts for summer staff.
- Food and Fun in the Park is FLV’s annual end-of-summer celebration in Labonte Park. You will help with recruiting volunteers, planning the menu, music, activities, and designing the layout of the event.
- Summer Associates are asked to provide a weekly personal narrative (and photo/art journal if desired) of their experience to the FLV Founder.
Start and end dates: May 20 –July 29 (Ability to commit to the entire 10-week season with some holiday, weekend and/or evening work as required. There is occasional flexibility in the schedule with supervisor’s advance approval.) Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Salary/pay: Bi-weekly living allowance of about $473.00, 35/hour work week for 10 weeks. Choice of an end-of-service education award of about $1,289.00that can be used for school payments or federal loans or cash stipend accrued at approximately $4.94 per day.
How to apply: Please email essay and full contact information to Candace Teems, email@example.com, or contact us for alternative delivery methods. A resume may also be included but is not required. Please place in the email subject line: 2019 VISTA Summer Associate –Program Assistant.
Essay and interview required. If selected for an interview, two references will be required. Applicants are asked to write a detailed essay expressing how this experience will benefit social justice projects throughout the community as well as how working for Feeding Laramie Valley will enhance their personal and professional goals. In this essay, please describe why this position interests you, what relevant experience you may have, and why you would be a good fit for Feeding Laramie Valley.
Application deadline: Applications will be accepted until filled.