Job Title: Rangeland Technician
Organization: Grouse Mountain Environmental Consultants
Type of opportunity: Grouse Mountain Environmental Consultants (GMEC) is an independently owned and multidisciplinary natural resource consulting firm whose comprehensive blend of disciplines and years of experience allow us to provide solutions to unique and contemporary issues. Our company is seeking a Seasonal Rangeland Technician with experience in plant identification and identifying soil horizons based out of their Buffalo, WY, office. Technicians will be completing rangeland assessments in accordance with the BLM’s Assessment, Inventory, and Monitoring (AIM) protocol. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in plant identification and the ability to identify the correct Ecological Site Description (ESD) for the rangeland site. The position will start in May and continue into early September (dates flexible).
Contact: Please contact Kyle Todd with additional questions regarding this position at 307-684-2112.
- Travel and sample rangeland sites throughout the state of Wyoming.
- Navigate to rangeland sites using a GPS and a 4-wheel vehicle to collect accurate field data.
- Read and record line point intercept transects.
- Collect vegetative forage production data by clipping.
- Sampling soils for horizon and texture classification.
- Ability to identify Ecological Site Description (ESD) based on collected vegetation and soil data.
- Experience identifying rangeland plants in Wyoming.
- Experience classifying soil composition and texture.
- Proficient in reading maps.
- Skilled in operating UTVs.
- Willingness to travel and camp overnight across Wyoming.
- Ability to lift over 30lbs.
- Ability to hike difficult terrain in variable weather conditions.
Start and end dates: Seasonal
Link to more information: https://grousemtnconsultants.com/careers/
How to apply: Interested candidates should email their resume to Kyle Todd at email@example.com.