Job Title: AmeriCorps Vista
Organization: Wyoming Food Coalition
Project name: Furthering the Resiliency of Wyoming’s Local Food System
Goal of the project: To promote, support and expand the production, access and consumption of fresh, local food in Wyoming with an emphasis on people living in poverty, vulnerable populations and the geographically isolated.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; experience in local food production, community development, resilient food systems, and food and agriculture policy a plus.
- Project management.
- Excellent relationship building, communication, and public speaking skills.
- Self-directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to work respectfully among individuals of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of camaraderie and collaboration among stakeholders.
Position Location: The successful volunteer will be hosted in central Wyoming by Central Wyoming College in either Lander or Riverton. Subsidized housing is available at Lander. However, it is possible for the position to be hosted in Laramie, Wyoming at the University of Wyoming. Both organizations are partners in supporting the Wyoming Food Coalition. Some travel may be required.
- On-site training
- National service experience
- Living allowance $513.94 paid biweekly
- Health coverage
- Relocation allowance
- End of service Segal Education Award $6,345 or cash stipend $1,800.
Start Date: June 7, 2021 to June 7, 2022
Application Deadline: April 23