Fort Collins, CO
Job Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Practitioner
Organization: The Langdon Group
Company Overview: The Langdon Group is a conflict resolution and public involvement firm with offices in Boise and Salt Lake City, with expansion interests in Fort Collins, Colorado. The current work centers on collaborative processes in transportation, water/wastewater, natural resources, environmental public policy, organizational development and infrastructure issues. They primarily work in the western United States. The range of clients we work with includes federal and state agencies, cities and local municipalities, Native American tribes, and private industry. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of J-U-B ENGINEERS, Inc. (a regional engineering firm), they support many planning and engineering projects.
Position Overview: They are actively seeking to add an individual with significant experience in this field to the team in the Fort Collins office. Applicants with more advanced project management experience are encouraged to apply.This position provides an excellent opportunity for an individual with mid-level to high-level experience and a passion for collaborative work. Practitioners will have ample opportunity to work on a wide variety of complex and diverse projects. The position is highly dynamic and requires an individual that is comfortable with ambiguity, is innovative and has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. Being a self-starter is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Involvement, Planning, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation /Mediation or a related field is required.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; land use planning; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- 5 years of experience in a related field and/or advanced degree
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to develop new clients and develop new business in the Fort Collins area and beyond.
- Ability to design and lead complex projects alone and/or with a larger technical project team.
- Meeting facilitation and multi-agency process experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft products, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
- Ability to market, plan and manage large complex projects from conception to completion.
- More advanced project management experience will also be considered. Qualifications include:
- Existing client relationships.
- Ability to effectively market his or her own skills and abilities internally and externally.
- Ability to monitor and adhere to project schedules, scopes, budgets and process strategies.
- Supervision of a small group of team members on tasks assigned, and quality control.
Salary/pay: Determined by experience
Start Date: Immediate
Application Deadline: Applications accepted until position is filled with preference to applications submitted by May 31
How to Apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please visit the website and click on Careers, Open Positions. Candidates will be required to submit a resume and writing samples. Please combine these documents into one pdf to upload on the application page.