Morris & Fergus Falls, MN
Position Title: Habitat Project Specialists
Organization: Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
- Identify, process, evaluate, and coordinate conservation easement acquisitions within the Morris and Fergus Fall Wetland Management Districts (WMD).
- Work with the PF State Coordinator Fergus Falls and Morris WMD to develop, conduct, and manage restoration & enhancement projects that advance strategic goals.
- Support Realty functions associated with securing conservation easements.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations related to easement restoration projects, such as planning, design, permitting, installation and monitoring of contractor’s projects.
- Assist in tracking budgets, preparing timely deliverables, and arranging staff and partner support for contract-funded habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
- Provide timely updates and reporting on progress.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in an environmental field such as ecology, environmental restoration or natural resource management or
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a related field such as restoration ecology or natural resource management, and a demonstrated understanding of the scientific method.
- Experience in wetland restoration including but not limited to surveying, restoration design, completing required permits, writing contracts and oversight of construction from start to finish.
- Broad understanding of wildlife ecology, wetland and grassland management including the ability to utilize various habitat management tools in the development of management plans.
- Computer, GIS, data analysis, and information management skills including the use of the MS Office suite.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Project management experience, including budget tracking and reporting, coordination of effective work teams, meetings, and partner engagement.
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, multi-tasking ability, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and with diverse clientele.
- Valid driver’s license required; some use of personal vehicle required (mileage reimbursement provided)
- Experience and understanding of prairie reconstructions.
Anticipated Start Date: June 1 – July 1
How to apply: Please click here to apply and to view the full job description.
Application Deadline: May 14