Position Title: Research Scientist, Assistant
Organization: University of Wyoming
Research Scientists are academic professionals whose primary responsibilities are to conduct and support research. UW Regulation 2-7 describes the activities that fall into this set of responsibilities for faculty; the same definition of research applies to Academic Professionals.
The successful applicant will lead efforts to convert existing courses to on-line offerings and assist in new on-line course development across the curriculum of the Haub School Environment & Natural Resources to include courses in our majors in Environment & Natural Resources, Environmental Systems & Solutions, and Outdoor Recreation & Tourism Management. There is potential for this position to be remote.
Expected to teach 1-2 in-person or on-line courses over the course of the year including the January term. Communication and collaboration with faculty is required; attendance at pertinent faculty/staff and academic program meetings is expected. Previous experience in on-line course development, educational pedagogy and instruction as well training in environment or natural resources preferred.
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Master’s level degree or an equivalent combination of significant pertinent professional experience and education
- Experience with course instruction or teaching pedagogy
- Proficiency in or demonstrated capacity to quickly learn necessary software for on-line course conversion
- Desired Qualifications:
- Familiarity environment and natural resource challenges in Wyoming and the Rocky Mountain West
- Experience with on-line instruction and course conversion to on-line modalities
- Demonstrated ability to teach on-line courses for university students
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Haub School, the University of Wyoming, and beyond
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references.