Position Title: Research Scientist, Assistant
Organization: University of Wyoming
Research Scientists are academic professionals whose primary responsibilities are to conduct and support research. UW Regulation 2-7 describes the activities that fall into this set of responsibilities for faculty; the same definition of research applies to Academic Professionals.
The University of Wyoming invites diverse applicants to consider our employment opportunities. We are also especially interested in candidates who have experience working with diverse populations and/or diverse initiatives.
We seek an individual who can work closely with Haub School faculty members to advance the effectiveness of interdisciplinary research/scholarship in assisting stakeholders as they address ENR challenges across Wyoming and the surrounding region. The person in this position will engage with faculty and staff to coordinate a suite of research and outreach projects that connect directly to statewide and regional conservation issues. This position is two years with the possibility of extending based on performance and available funds.
- Research Coordination
- Organize and attend research meetings
- Manage budgets and logistics for a portfolio of research and outreach projects
- Contribute to grant writing and other fundraising efforts to build ongoing support for research and engagement efforts
- Work with faculty members to create outreach materials in various formats (print, digital, talks/presentations, etc.) that share research findings and scholarship with non-academic audiences
- Contribute to periodic updates on research and outreach projects to funders, stakeholders, and other partners
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Manage stakeholder communications and respond to stakeholder inquiries
- Organize events that bring Haub School faculty and key stakeholders together to share and discuss research needs and findings
- Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, economics, ecology, English, law, public policy, communications, or related field
- Interest in environment and natural resources issues
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with high level interpersonal skills to develop and maintain relationships with partners internal and external to the university
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet competing deadlines
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Haub School, the University of Wyoming, and beyond
- Desired Qualifications:
- Significant professional experience in an environment or natural resources sector
- Experience organizing and facilitating meetings
- Experience developing and advancing organizational partnerships
- Experience managing budgets
- Track record of successful grant writing and/or fundraising
- Understanding of environmental and natural resources issues in Wyoming and the West (e.g., wildlife conservation, public and private lands management)
Complete the online application and upload the following for a complete application: cover letter, resume or C.V. and contact information for four work-related references. Review of applications will begin 07/14/2021 and will continue until the position is filled. For more information about this position, or how to apply, contact Jacob Hochard (JHochard@uwyo.edu) or Drew Bennett (Drew.Bennett@uwyo.edu).