Position Title: Program Director
Organization: The Wyoming Food for Thought Project
Location: Casper, Wyoming
The Program Director will report directly to the Executive Director, and will be responsible for the programs of: food bags, mobile market operations, summer children’s activities, and community engagement events like community dinners, etc. The Wyoming Food for Thought Project is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to Provide, Educate, and Empower in order to eradicate hunger through locally sourced and produced food, education, community partnerships, and action.
The Program Director must carry out the following general tasks below, but not limited to: Working on all programs and aspects of the Food for Thought Programs included but not limited to:
- Managing the Mobile Market including the scheduling of, marketing of, and staffing of the mobile market.
- Soliciting donations for food bags and other programs through campaigns and marketing materials – as approved by Executive Director.
- Managing the coordination of Food Rescue with kitchen manager and volunteers; Coordinating summer programs with partners and volunteers.
- Working on the team for community engagement events & generating marketing materials.
- Soliciting donations for the core programs of Food for Thought as well as special events through generated materials.
- Working hands-on in the gardens, to lead by example and understand all the workings of the community gardens, food bags, special events, and farmer’s markets.
- Have a working knowledge of the Wyoming Food Freedom Act.
- Communicate with volunteers and advocates for food bags.
- Coordinate marketing including website, blog, newsletter, and social media; Participate in and help with all Food for Thought events.
- Supervise volunteers related to programs overseen by this position
- Coordinate volunteer work days, train volunteers, coordinate additional groups seeking to volunteer, manage volunteer operations requirements.
- Manage and train apprentices.
Work with Food for Thought staff to accommodate educational activities and tours for both youth and adults.
- Participate in various educational programming and festivals, events as needed – Participate in “All Hands On Deck” activities, where all Food for Thought staff cooperate on a large project, event, educational program or volunteer days.
- Be prepared to lend a hand throughout the organization as needed.
- The ideal candidate will have the desire to work hard, work untraditional hours, and make a difference in the community.
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers and working with diverse communities. – Experience teaching youth and/or adults.
- Interest and familiarity with issues relating to local food, food access, and sustainable agriculture.
- Experience creating and facilitating educational programs for youth and/or adults in a farm or garden setting
- Strong organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
This position is expected to meet weekly with the Executive Director and communicate via email and phone as necessary.
Salary: $30,000-$40,000 DOE with room for growth. This is a full time salaried position with paid time off and health insurance.
How to Apply:
Submit Resume, Letter of Interest, and References to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Program Director Application” in the subject line.