Job Title: National Park Service Research Station Summer Staff
Organization: University of Wyoming
Location: Jackson, WY
Position Overview: Assist in research activities and contribute to making the station run smoothly on a day to day basis
Contribute to research station projects, provide assistance to NPS and visiting researchers, help with daily station logistics, check in and check out of station guest, help with seminars and special events (set up, tear down, audio visual), purchase supplies in Jackson, and a variety of other tasks as needed.
- Education: Undergraduate degree or current undergraduate student
- Experience: Some experience with cleaning. A demonstrated interest in research station activities.
- Valid driver’s license with a motor vehicle record (MVR) that is compliant with the University Vehicle Use Policy.
- Completion and passing of a background check.
- Must be comfortable living in a remote location in a national park with wildlife.
- Must be vaccinated/willing to become vaccinated for rabies.
Must work outdoors in both cold and hot conditions, do labor for many hours a day, interact courteously with station guests, drive a vehicle, and work independently with little supervision.