Job Title: Public Involvement/Conflict Resolution Project Associate
Organization: The Langdon Group
Location: Meridian, ID; Kaysville, UT; or Salt Lake City, UT
Duties: The Project Coordinator position provides an excellent opportunity for an early-career practitioner with a passion for collaborative work to further develop these skills. This position requires a reliable individual to work within a team environment on a wide variety of strategic communication projects. The position requires an individual of high character who is responsible, self-motivated, hardworking, comfortable with ambiguity, innovative, and who has the initiative to work well on their own and in a team atmosphere. This person must be driven, curious and ambitious. The ideal candidate will be able to facilitate successful project delivery by monitoring, providing strategic input and executing schedule and quality deliverables. Additional responsibilities include:
- supporting project managers with their duties,
- drafting detailed meeting minutes,
- writing/editing/producing project materials, and
- successfully planning, coordinating, and executing public events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Public Involvement, Environment and Public Policy and/or Facilitation /Mediation or a related field is required.
- Education, training and/or work experience in a communication-related field; public involvement; environment and public policy; and/or facilitation/mediation.
- A strong background in the use of different types of media (includes database management and visual communications)
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative problem solving.
- Ability to look at a project as a whole and perform basic public involvement tasks with some oversight.
- Ability to innovate and bring new ideas to the project design process.
- Meeting facilitation and/or event planning experience.
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and administrative skills.
- Computer and related software skills (Microsoft Suite, etc.).
- Basic skills in design programs (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and familiarity with Access databases.
- Video production and social media experience a plus.
Salary/Pay: They offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including professional development and continuing education. Salary is determined by experience.
How to Apply: To apply for this challenging and rewarding position, please visit the organization’s website or visit here as well. Candidates will be required to submit a resume and may be required to submit writing samples upon request. Please upload your resume on the application page in one pdf.