Job Title: Internship
Organization: Office of Science and Technology Policy, The White House
Location: Washington D.C.
Organization Overview: The mission of the Office of Science and Technology Policy (OSTP) is to maximize the benefits of science and technology to advance health, prosperity, security, environmental quality, and justice for all Americans. Congress established OSTP in 1976. OSTP advises the President and others within the Executive Office of the President on the scientific, engineering, and technological aspects of the economy, national security, health, and the environment.
OSTP leads efforts across the Federal government to develop and implement sound science and technology policies and budgets, and works with the private and philanthropic sectors, state, local, Tribal, and territorial governments, the research and academic communities, and other nations toward this end. OSTP also assists the Office of Management and Budget with an annual review and analysis of Federal research and development in budgets, and serves as a source of scientific and technological analysis and judgment for the President with respect to major policies, plans, and programs of the Federal government.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Males must be registered with Selective Service
- Must meet at least one of the three following criteria:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited community college, undergraduate or graduate college, or university;
- Graduated from an accredited undergraduate or graduate program at a community college, college, or university (two‐ to four‐year institution) no more than two years prior to the first day of the EOP Internship Program
- A veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty, for any length of time, no more than two years prior to the first day of the EOP Internship Program
- Must obtain a favorable security determination and pass a pre-employment drug test
Start/End Dates: June 20 – August 12
Time: 35 hours a week
Salary/Pay: Stipend of $6,000
Application Deadline: May 15
How to Apply: Please click here to view the full job description.
To apply, send the documents listed below in PDF form in an email to MBX.OSTP.Internships@ostp.eop.gov, titled “[Last Name, First Name] EOP Summer Internship Application”
- Cover letter of why you would like to be an OSTP intern (one page max)
- A short essay on your favorite scientific and technological contribution to society (300 words max)
- Academic Transcript
- Additional writing samples may be requested later in the process
For more information, please contact: MBX.OSTP.Internships@ostp.eop.gov.