Position Title: Conservation Information Manager
Organization: The Nature Conservancy
Location: Lander, WY
Organization Overview: The Nature Conservancy’s mission is to protect the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, they create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest challenges so that there can be a world in which people and nature thrive. Rooted in the Mission and guided by the Values, which includes a Commitment to Diversity and Respect for People, Communities, and Cultures. Whether it’s career development, flexible schedules, or a rewarding mission, there’s lots of reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want a better insight to TNC? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube.
Position Overview: The Conservation Information Manager II manages and maintains conservation databases and provides technical support in GIS or other relational database technologies to support land protection and easement stewardship work for the Wyoming business unit. The Conservation Information Manager II processes spatial and/or relational data sets derived from cartographic and tabular source material. They perform data analysis and produce reports, provide hardware and software support, and train staff. They build, maintain, and populate data and records databases and manual files, produce maps and/or other graphic products and reports, and develop and maintain GIS library and/or database products library. May complete due diligence for land protection transactions or conduct conservation easement monitoring, as time permits. May work in variable weather conditions, at remote locations, on difficult and hazardous terrain and under physically demanding circumstances.
- Produces maps for new land acquisition projects.
- Manages databases and technology needed for on the ground and remote conservation easement monitoring using aerial satellite imagery. May negotiate contracts with vendors.
- Trains staff on easement monitoring technology.
- Creates and maintains shapefiles and kmls for Wyoming’s portfolio of property interests.
- Coordinates multiple tasks or projects in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Associates degree in related field and 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing, maintaining and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience with producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports and operating GIS software.
- Experience analyzing, building, populating and producing reports from databases.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and web browsers.
- BA/BS degree in related field and 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Deadline: September 30
How to Apply: Please use the online application to apply for job ID 52143, and to view the full job description.