Position Title: Seasonal Park Aide
Organization: Lucky Peak State Park
Location: Boise, ID
- Building and Grounds Maintenance(20-80%): General cleaning of park buildings and office facilities; daily cleaning of public rest rooms, washing windows, vacuuming, dusting, and scrubbing floors; collecting and disposing of garbage and litter; minor repair of facilities and equipment; lawn mowing, trimming and irrigation.
- Visitor Services (20-80%): Greeting visitors; maintaining park publication inventory, displays, and Shelter Reservations; responding to information requests from management, staff and visitors; providing information in person and via email, and phone. Maintaining retail displays of resale inventory, and ordering replacement inventory. Operating the entrance kiosk, operating a cash register and making change for item sales; handling money including balancing and closing cash register; completing sales transmittals and making bank deposits.
- Clerical (0-5%): Keeping required records and files, preparing correspondence and reports, or filing and compiling data for reports as directed.
- Interpretive Program (5-60%): Presenting outdoor educational programs and Junior Ranger programs for children. In addition, you may be building wayside exhibits and interpretive signing, interior interpretive exhibits at park visitor centers, or producing brochures, and trail guides.
- Resource Management (0-5%): Inventorying and monitoring plants and wildlife, analyzing and uploading data recorded, treating noxious weeds, repairing fences, working on trails and restoring disturbed landscapes.
- Marina Duties (0-70%): Fueling Boats and providing other assistance to boaters. Directing traffic within parking lot areas. Dock repairs and maintenance.
Minimum Qualifications: You should be able to perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning rest rooms, operate a variety of equipment, follow written and oral instructions, perform moderately heavy labor, work under adverse weather conditions, and deal appropriately and tactfully with others. Some positions require you have or obtain a valid driver’s license, standard First-Aid and CPR certifications. Most job duties require employee to be at least 18 years of age.
Start/End Dates: Flexible but are expected to be between late May and early September. Other positions have an earlier start or a later end date. See full job description for more information.
Salary/Pay: $14 per hour
How to Apply: Fill out the online application