Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Wyoming Outdoor Council
Location: Lander, WY
Organization Overview: Founded in 1967, the Wyoming Outdoor Council is the state’s oldest independent conservation organization. They use western science and Indigenous traditional ecological knowledge as well as legal and policy expertise to advocate for public land, wildlife, clean air and water. They seek lasting change by striving to meet people where they are, valuing diverse perspectives, building coalitions, and practicing reciprocity. They hold government agencies, lawmakers, and industries accountable for decisions that threaten the land, wildlife, clean air and water people depend on. They are a steadfast and trusted conservation voice at the state legislature. They are a membership organization, and they support and empower people to be effective advocates in their communities.
Position Overview: You will be a member of their admin team and help support the overall conservation and fundraising work at the Outdoor Council. You will work closely with the associate director and office manager-bookkeeper.
- Work as part of the admin team to process and document donations, maintaining donor confidentiality and ensuring deposits are made regularly.
- Print and mail donor thank you letters, in coordination with the associate director.
- Communicate with members regarding their membership status in-person, on the phone, and via email.
- Follow-up with supporters regarding returned mail.
- Monitor database for data integrity issues, e.g. duplicate entries.
- Track and manage WOC vehicle maintenance.
- Maintain merchandise inventory.
- Assist with WOC meeting and event set up, clean up, and merchandise sales. (Some travel using a WOC vehicle may be required.)
- Assist with data entry projects as needed.
- Assist with regularly scheduled publication mailings.
- Assist office manager-bookkeeper with projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
You love working in a collaborative team, but are self-driven, organized, and able to take ownership and leadership over your projects to make them your own. You take pride in the quality of your work, making sure that detailed instructions are followed consistently.
You enjoy routine work with seasonal ebbs and flows. You have a good sense of humor and are easy to get along with. You value the importance of doing a job well and on-time. You enjoy pitching in to help others when needed. You can handle multiple projects at the same time. You are good at asking for help when you need it.
You have experience working with databases and value the importance of maintaining consistent data entry processes. You are experienced working on Macs and with the standard suite of office tools and technology. You aren’t afraid to learn new systems. You are either comfortable with, or comfortable learning, how to share documents and other files in the Google Suite collaborative work environment. You are comfortable with mail merge in Word. You have a valid driver’s license.
And, you are committed to the mission of the Wyoming Outdoor Council, and will support and contribute to their equity and belonging work.
Start Date: May 31
Salary/Pay: $15.00 per hour
Application Deadline: May 22
How to Apply: View the job description for more information. Email a letter of interest explaining how your experience and skills make you the right person to join their team. They encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply. Include a resume and three references (with contact and relationship information) to Misti Haase at email@example.com (please put “Administrative Assistant” in the subject).